- Is there any shuttle bus from the hotel to the World Heritage, JR and Tobu station and vice versa?
- Yes, we absolutely have complimentary shuttle bus from the World Heritage, JR and Tobu station and vice versa. However, due to limited number of seats reservation is mandatory. Reservation must be made in advance or a day prior to your check-in date.
Complimentary Shuttle Bus Schedule
14:30 15:30 16:30 17:30
14:35 15:35 16:35 17:35
14:45 15:45 16:45 17:45
JR Station and Tobu Station
In front of the ticket gate, our hotel staff will be bringing the signage (Okunoin Hotel Tokugawa). Please feel free to approach our hotel staff.
Please wait at the Futarasan Shrine main gate. Please wait at bus stop 85.
Depends on the flow of the traffic, bus might be delay.
In case of special event, the loading area might be changed.
May we request our guest/s to please be on time, otherwise the bus will leave according to its written time schedule.
In the morning the complimentary shuttle bus will take you from the hotel to Toshogu Shrine, Tobu Station and JR Station. There are 3 time schedules:
9:00, 10:00, 11:00
Note: Reservation is mandatory.
- How do we catch the shuttle bus?
- Shuttle bus Request
May we request our guest/s to book your seats in advance. Booking must be made a day prior to your Check-in date in the hotel. You can contact us by phone or by email listed below:
Telephone number: 0288-53-3200 ( Available time: 9:00-21:00)
- Shuttle bus service has its own schedule in a certain area.
- If you arrive outside regular hours of shuttle bus service. You can take a taxi in going to the hotel. Otherwise, we have 2 options for you.
1. Luggage delivery service which is very convenient. It will carry your luggage/s from the station to the hotel.
2. There are coin-lockers at the station. You can leave your luggage/s there.
(*1) Luggage delivery service
Please, visit the link below for further details.
Accepts "Hands-Free Travel Counters(Yamato Transport Co., Ltd)" in the Tobu Nikko Sta.
- Business hours are from AM9:00 to PM12:00
- What is your address and telephone number?
- Okunoin Hotel Tokugawa can be contacted at:
(zip code) 321-1415
2204 Nikko Nikko City, Tochigi Prefecture
- When can I check in to the hotel?
- You can check in from PM3:00 to PM7:00.
If you arrive earlier, you can store your baggage in the hotel's reception until your room is ready.
If the room has been cleaned and is ready before PM3:00(PM2:00 at the earliest), you may have access to the room earlier.
NOTE1. You can choose your dinner time PM6:00, PM6:30 or PM7:00. When you check in past PM7:00, we will not be able to provide the dinner.
NOTE2. If you will be arriving late, please contact us as soon as possible.
- We will be landing at Narita Airport at 4 pm.
I do not think we will be able to arrive by 7 pm. Would you allow us to check in late?
- Yes, you are allowed to check in late but not after PM9:00.
If you arrived later than PM7:00, dinner will be automatically canceled.
Check-in time is from PM3:00PM to PM7:00.
Reception desk's business hours is until PM9:00.
When you check-in past PM7:00, we will not be able to provide the dinner and no refund will be given.
But, if you would like to cancel dinner in advance, we will refund the dinner cost.
NOTE. You should contact us in previous day by phone or email
Kindly observe our reception desk will close after PM9:00.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to entertain any check-ins after PM9:00.
You are therefore advised to check-in within the stipulated hours to avoid any unnecessary problems.
Failure to comply with the same may result in your booking being cancelled and no refund will be given.
Thank you for your consideration.
- When do I have to check out of the hotel?
- Our check-out time is at 10:30 a.m.
A late check-out is not possible due to high occupancy.
- Which credit cards can I use?
- You can pay with the credit cards ; Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, JCB, union pay.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the date of arrival will incur the following charges.
15 days in advance: no charge
14 days in advance: 10% of Hotel charge
2 day in advance: 50% of Hotel charge
No show: 100% of Hotel charge
- Please can you advise what is the best way to get to Nikko from Tokyo and Airport?
- Please refer to our Hotel web site.
- Is there a parking lot?
- Free valet parking is available.
- Is there a convenience store nearby?
- The nearest convenience store is 15 minutes away (by walk) from the hotel.
We recommend you to finish your shopping before arriving at the hotel.
- Our booking says half board - what food does the booking include?
- Includes dinner and breakfast [two meals].
Dinner: kaiseki-style traditional Japanese meal brought in courses
Breakfast: Japanese-style Japanese set meal
Note: also possible to change into western style(continental breakfast) though advanced request.
- What time will the dinner start?
- We have three times for serving Dinner (18:00 or 18:30, 19:00). We will ask your preferred dinner time when you check-in.
Therefore, we recommend you to arrive before 18:00.
In case of arriving after 19:00, we won't be able to serve your dinner even you have reserved for it.
Moreover, there will be no refund for a dinner cancellation caused by late arrival.
- If we stay more than 2 nights, will the dinner menus change?
- We are able to arrange different dinner menus on each day up to 3-nights.
- Do you have a special menu for ”Vegetarian” ”Gluten-free” “Dairy-free"?
- Dietary options:
We have a special menu for” Vegetarian”, “Gluten-free", "Dairy-free".
If you want this request, please contact us in advance at the following address.
Reservation is requested by the previous day (reservation by email is accepted).
- Are there allergy meals available?
- Please request in advance. We will deal with that as much as possible.
- Do you offer lunch?
- We do not offer lunch.
- How to use the “Private open air bath”?
- Reservation is required to use the Private open air bath [15:00-23:00]. Can be use 45minutes each.
Please make a reservation at the front desk when you check in.
To use, you will be to pay an extra charge (2200JPY）